Multimedia Designer / Photographer
Start Date Require: ASAP
Job type: full time
Salary: £25k - 30k per annum, subject to experience;
Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30p.m.
A fantastic opportunity is available with one of the UK’s largest independent suppliers of high-quality tools, fixing and building supplies in the UK. We have built success upon the vision to deliver the best possible price to our customers as quickly as we can, whilst providing a great service. This is an exciting time to join a growing and friendly business based in Milton Keynes.
Purpose of the role: Multimedia Designer/Photographer is part of the marketing/design team and plays a key role in photography, video and graphic creation. They support the company's brand marketing strategy with technical knowledge, creativity, forward thinking and resourceful problem solving to continuously create high quality content across a range of online and offline platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studio product photography:
- Preparing and cleaning the products, adapting the studio environment and lighting to optimize product appearance
- Camera operation – in depth knowledge of camera/light settings, techniques and equipment to achieve the desired high standard images
- Using OrbitVu station and software to create transparent product images and 360 presentations
- In depth knowledge on composition principles – designing /staging for various applications on multiple platforms
- Postproduction – colour correction using Adobe Lightroom/Camera RAW, cutting out, retouching and polishing images in Adobe Photoshop, for multiple formats
- Location product photography:
- Location scouting, risk assessment, planning a shot list and preparing equipment and products to maximise efficiency
- On location – designing and photographing realistic scenes of products in use
- Camera operation (as above)
- Postproduction (as above)
- Video production:
- Planning and storyboarding to create a fluid and engaging narrative
- Set dressing, product preparation and lighting
- Camera operation – in depth knowledge of camera settings, techniques and equipment to achieve the desired high standard footage
- Postproduction – file management, a combined in-depth knowledge and experience of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, which includes colour correction, masking, retouching, fluent transitions, motion graphics, sound design and exporting for various platforms
- Content creation - creative audience engaging posts/videos for social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram and Facebook
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graphic Design:
- Creating graphics using a mixture of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Apply and adapt graphics to create informative content for product listing and advertising
- Complex document layout, preparation for commercial printing using Adobe InDesign
- Creation of interactive pdf files and fillable forms using Adobe Acrobat
- Design/creation of master pages for presentations and documents using Microsoft Office Suite
When you join UK Planet Tools you will have the opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career. We believe that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.