Job description: Office Manager
Start Date Require: ASAP
Job type: full time
Salary: £28k - 35k per annum, subject to experience;
Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30p.m.
A fantastic opportunity is available with one of the UK’s largest independent suppliers of high-quality tools, fixing and building supplies in the UK. We have built success upon the vision to deliver the best possible price to our customers as quickly as we can, whilst providing a great service. This is an exciting time to join a growing and friendly business based in Milton Keynes.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the Office Manager role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety and to be ready to undertake a variety of activities while effectively managing the daily running of the office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining office policies and managing health and safety procedures as well as fire regulations (in line with any changes to legislation);
- Taking part in development and review of HR policies, procedures and contracts of Employments (in line with any changes to legislation);
- Managing recruitment process for new staff, including drafting job descriptions, liaising with recruitment agencies, conducting interviews, producing employment documentation and undertaking inductions;
- Managing employee relations, including absence, disciplinary and grievance issues, and providing support for performance management issues;
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events;
- People management and keeping all staff members aware of updates and changes in the workplace;
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for the directors if needed;
- Direct the HR Administrator to ensure that HR processes are followed;
- Work closely with other in company and review opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Conduct research for new suppliers and contractors;
- Ensure that office equipment is maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, relevant records are up to date and all administrative processes work effectively;
- Ensure compliance to company’s guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with Health Safety, Environmental and Date Protection Policies;
- Being able to muck in with whatever is needed to keep the office running smoothly.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An HR qualification is desirable, alternatively proven experience working in HR;
- Highly organised with experience of managing an office is essential;
- Excellent people skills with ability and sensitivity to deal with confidential issues and difficult situations;
When you join UK Planet Tools you will have the opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career. We believe that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.
- 30 days annual leave per annum plus additional annual leave for service
- Additional Leave for Birthday
- Contractual Sick Pay Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee’s Discounts
- Social Activities & Events (Post COVID)
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Note: If this sounds like the role for you, you could apply through email@example.com
Whilst we will make every effort to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within three weeks, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.