The Makita Jigsaw Buying Guide
For a combination of quality, performance and longevity, Makita jigsaws are hard to beat. Manufactured by one of the most respected brands in the industry, these high-quality electric power tools will never let you down.
There is a great selection of Makita jigsaw deals to choose from at UK Planet Tools. But how do you know you’re choosing the right one? Here’s a guide to help you make the right choice for your requirements.
What Does a Makita Jigsaw Do?
A Makita electric jigsaw is designed to cut intricate and highly accurate curves into wood and metal workpieces. Whether you’re making furniture or adding the finishing touches to ornate panelling, this reliable and versatile power tool makes light work of the most complex cutting jobs.
A Makita jigsaw tool can be used to perform the following cuts:
- Straight cuts
- Curved cuts
- Plunge cuts
- Bevel cuts (angled cuts for mouldings, skirting boards, etc)
The Makita jigsaw 18v is packed with safety features and power — making it a must-have item for any professional tradesperson’s tool bag.
Why Buy a Jigsaw by Makita?
Aside from the reliability and performance guaranteed by such a respected power tool manufacturer, a Makita brushless jigsaw gives you a range of useful features. So before you choose the one that’s right for you, make sure you check the product description for the following:
- An easy-to-use change lever for accurate straight cuts
- Metal base levels that guarantee accuracy when cutting angles
- Variable speed settings
- Safe and fast, tool-free blade changes
- LED lighting for safety and accuracy when working in dark environments
- A soft-start feature that allows you to gradually transition to your preferred blade speed
Safety Features to Look out for in Makita Jigsaws
Choosing the best Makita jigsaw for your needs doesn’t always mean going for the cheap option. Whether you choose a Makita 18v jigsaw with brushless motor or a Makita jigsaw 240v, make sure your preferred model includes the following safety features:
- Reduced vibration from a soft speed setting
- An ergonomic, non-slip grip (made from rubber or moulded plastic)
- Start/stop functionality operated by a trigger
- A blower setting that removes wood and metal fragments from the cutting line
- Powerful dust extraction
Finding a Makita Jigsaw for the Best Price
You can’t fail to find the perfect Makita brushless jigsaw for a good price at UK Planet Tools. We have a wide range of options available for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike. If you’re looking for something that’s not expensive but delivers performance, reliability and longevity, you’ve come to the right place. And because we offer free delivery to addresses in mainland UK, there’s no need to go anywhere else for your electric power tools. Whether you’re in London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Bristol or Manchester, your new Makita jigsaw 18v could be in your tool bag as soon as tomorrow.