Due to fast growth, UK Planet Tools is looking for new team members to join a family-owned business on a 12-month fixed-term contract with the potential to extend.
About us: UK Planet Tools is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Since incorporation in 2010, we are managed by a passionate and experienced team that provides outstanding customer service across all our operations sectors. Maintaining rapid growth, we have the best quality to price ratio products as well as products availability. Since its inception, we have improved our business by proactively leading our industry in tools, fixings, and building supplies.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons & to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the Company.
- Lead by example following PPE requirements procedures
- Ensure that general housekeeping within warehouses and premises is outstanding
- Picking goods from locations according to business procedures
- Accurately splitting inbound stock
- Allocating new stock to dedicated warehouse locations
- General warehouse duties which include wrapping pallets, moving stock, etc
- Operating warehouse machinery & transporting machinery complying with the company’s procedures and policies
- Supporting supervisors and managers to reach business targets
- Accurately updating businesses database
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be responsible and reliable
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt
- Be able to move heavy boxes
- PC Literate
- Warehousing experience (not essential)
- Ability to speak any other languages to help with international orders (not essential)
- Valid Forklift Licenses Counterbalance or Reach (not essential)
Working Hours: 8 am - 18 pm with rotational Saturdays 8 am -13pm (with overtime available)
Why work with us? Here at UK Planet Tools, we believe our most significant asset is our employees; therefore, we encourage growth and progression tailored to their career development. We love what we do, and we love working with like-minded people!
- 30 days Annual Leave including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee’s Discounts
- Social Activities & Events (POST-COVID)
- Others to be discussed
If you are ambitious & would like to join a fast-growing business please apply online.
Whilst we will make every effort to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 2 weeks, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion but you are welcome to re-apply to join us on next occasion.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £11.50 per hour depending on experience